ashleymartin_PROSE
Ashley Martin ART 291 Art Installation Project Project I am an ally who, along with BLM consultants, would like to participate in the discussion about the struggles of minorities, especially black citizens, and the violence visited on them by authorities. Together we can make a positive change and eradicate the systemic racism that infiltrates many US institutions. I would like to bring attention to some historical atrocities by building an interactive social justice installation that confronts inequality and police brutality. It will start with the civil rights movements and a Martin Luther King Jr sculpture cast in mirrored steel, and will end with a line of riot police and a city on fire. Throughout the installation the viewer will come upon various scenes of real police brutality all done with blank mirror faces (except for Emmett Till and Martin Luther King). The point of the mirror is to engage the viewer in thoughts of themselves. W...













































Hi, Kristyn, I really enjoyed looking through your post because you have managed to highlight how different framing can change the energy of the picture. For example, the center framed photos don't seem to speak as loudly as the zoomed in versions of the same picture. I tried doing this myself, but I found that I was "too close" to be able to see it so clearly. You have some really unique versions of the emotions that I haven't seen anyone else do yet, as well. One of your playful versions reminds me of a pinwheel which made me smile.
ReplyDeleteHey, Kristyn I liked these a lot, and I agree with what Chipko said, about how you framed certain pictures to give them more life. I like how the background was switched from a black table to carpet. For that reason lonely #3 is my favorite because of how the carpet looks underneath, as if it is creating speed lines.
ReplyDelete