Authorship

 

 This week's readings were Roland Barthes, The Death of the Author, and Sherrie Levine, Statement. 

These writings express that while authors are using their words, the image that they are able to create is owed to thing he culmination of experiences that they've had. An idea can't be born from nothing, it's inspired by something whether that be a culture, a feeling, a memory. Anything can be inspiration, but the overall message that i gathered from these readings is that they cannot be born from nothing. I think that is an interesting idea because it be applied to any art form, really. It is a level all inspired by the same general idea or thing, but the perception-- the authors perception, is what makes each creation different. Unique to the person, but the same general idea overall. The second reading, Statement written by Sherrie Levine I didn't agree with. While I acknowledge and understand the message she is trying to convey through her 'work' I don't think she is in any position to say that she is the author of it by simply altering every other word. Claiming that your feminine view point is the different, is while technically correct, is not a valid argument for what I personally view as blatant plagiarism. Overall though these were insightful readings that gave me a different perspective that I didn't have before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RubyEspinoza_PROSE

ashleymartin_PROSE