Popular posts from this blog
RubyEspinoza_PROSE
PROJECT This project demonstrates a positive outlook for community bonding and creativity. Generally, street art is viewed upon most as an unusual and disruptive way of expressing artwork to the public. Although many look negatively toward street art, the intentions of the artist are never to disrespect. The purchase of a small home within a preferred neighborhood will serve as The Graffiti House, where members will come together and create a collective street art house. The Graffiti House will be covered from head-to-toe, inside and out, with everyone’s street art. The house will be a single room one-story house in a desired neighborhood voted upon the whole Maricopa county. Although this will be a community project, member, known as Contributors, are those who will be recognized as regular artists that will pay a small fee that will allow for 24 hour access to the house, access to the top brand spray paint (located in a locked compartment in which we will provide the key), new...
ashleymartin_PROSE
Ashley Martin ART 291 Art Installation Project Project I am an ally who, along with BLM consultants, would like to participate in the discussion about the struggles of minorities, especially black citizens, and the violence visited on them by authorities. Together we can make a positive change and eradicate the systemic racism that infiltrates many US institutions. I would like to bring attention to some historical atrocities by building an interactive social justice installation that confronts inequality and police brutality. It will start with the civil rights movements and a Martin Luther King Jr sculpture cast in mirrored steel, and will end with a line of riot police and a city on fire. Throughout the installation the viewer will come upon various scenes of real police brutality all done with blank mirror faces (except for Emmett Till and Martin Luther King). The point of the mirror is to engage the viewer in thoughts of themselves. W...




























































Hi, Diana! I tried not to look at the titles and see if I could guess which emotion was being communicated in the pictures. It turns out that I guessed correctly on all of them. Success! I think you did the best job at conveying tension. When I was working on my photos, I spent a lot of time thinking about the definition. It seemed like you were able to articulate those feelings really well. I don't know if it was intentional, but the wood grain helped to activate the space in your photos. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHello! I am glad you were able to guess all of them correctly. Tension was actually one of the prompts that I struggled with most. This caused me to spend a lot of time on the arrangements compared to the other prompts, so I am very glad that I was able to convey tension. Yes! I also spent a lot of time thinking about the definition for most of the prompts as well. Thank you!
DeleteHello Diana,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed viewing your work! I think it was done cleanly and I feel that you have represented each theme successfully. On the other hand, I believe that your pieces under heavy were, in fact, the most successful over all your work. I specifically think your second variation with the design clustered in the left bottom corner shows the literal definition the most clearly despite being more on the nose. I think the way you arranged the shapes in that work adds a bit of movement as well, as if they are building on one another like a huge pile on.
Hello! Thank you! I am happy that I was able to convey heavy. I originally tried to use less squares but I had trouble doing so. I definitely believed that my arrangements with more squares were able to convey heavy better than those that I tried with less squares.
Delete